INVITATION LETTER TO THE FIRST NATIONAL MEETING
Because of your commitment to our nation's children, schools and families, we are pleased to invite you to a special breakfast meeting on May 3,1989 at 8:00 a.m. at the historic Charles Sumner School Museum and Archives, Washington, D.C.
The meeting, sponsored by the American Federation of Teachers, the National Education Association, The Learning Channel, the National Association of Elementary School Principals, the National Association of Secondary School Principals, and the Coordinating Committee for Ellis Island, is to brief representatives in the field of education, funding and public policy and the media about an exciting national education project--Americans All.
This project is a comprehensive public-private partnership/educational support program which addresses critical issues of our time. It provides a vehicle for enhancing skills among students, teachers and parents as well as a tool for delivering resources and needed curriculum materials into our nation's 70,000 public schools. Components of the Americans All program have already been successfully implemented in several school districts across the nation. A comprehensive pilot will be initiated in the San Diego and Chicago public schools in the fall of 1989. . . .
The Coordinating Committee was the predecessor of the People of
America Foundation, the nonprofit that now operates Americans All.
General Information on Americans All Pilot Programs, 1987-95, which was used in more than 2000 schools and libraries nationwide.
- National User Survey Report, 2006
- Correlation of Americans All to the Seattle, WA, Social Studies Framework, 1997
- Schools That Participated in the Largest Pilot Programs, 1989-95
- National Intensive Teacher Training and Orientation Sessions, 1989-95
- Hitachi Foundation Grant and Evaluation, 1989, 1995
- Results of an Evaluation of Program Effects for the Washington, DC Pilot, Mark Testa, Ph.D., February 1992
- A thematic correlation of Americans All created by Houghton Mifflin for middle grades, December 1992.
- Instructional video created by Dr. Gail C. Christopher and the Houghton Mifflin Company
- Results of an Evaluation of Pilot Demonstrations in San Diego, CA and Chicago, IL,, Mark Testa, Ph.D, February 1991
- Channel 8 News Segment, San Diego Pilot, mp4 (Video), January 16, 1990
The Americans All Pilot Programs:
- ABC United School District, Cerritos (LA), CA
- Chicago, IL
- Dade County, FL
- Nassau-Boces (Long island), NY
- Pittsburgh, PA
- San Diego, CA
- Vermont (Statewide)
- Wichita, KS
Relevant Links to Navigate our Website
Click here to view the Americans All Program Overview.
Click here to learn how we support schools and students.
Click here to learn how we support small businesses and service providers.
Click here to view or download a tutorial on how to register a school or individual for Americans All, for free.
Click here to register an individual or a school for Americans All.
For additional information, please contact:
Allan Kullen, President
People of America Foundation / Americans All
7723 Groton Road, Bethesda, MD 20817