Background Information on the Americans All—Wichita Pilot Program
I have greatly appreciated the opportunity to guide the pilot study and implementation of the Americans All* program in the Wichita Public Schools over the last three (3) years. As the Assistant Superintendent for Desegregation/Integration and Chapter 2 Federal Projects, I have become keenly aware of several national program initiatives that attempt to address the issues of equity, diversity and inclusion. My charge as the keeper of the school district's Desegregation/ Integration Plan, made it imperative to seek out such programs. We studied and considered [many] diversity programs. I can state without hesitation that the "Americans All" Training and Resources are of the most effective tools for helping our school district to achieve one of its goals of assisting students to learn respect for themselves and value all people within our diverse and pluralistic society.
Dr. Leonard H. Wesley, Jr. September 8, 1995
* American All was a provider of supplemental social studies and language arts resources—texts, photographs, simulations, guides and music recordings. It also provided intensive teacher training for all of Wichita's social studies teachers from 1993-95.
Highlights from the Wichita Pilot Program
- Americans All Roundtable with Students and Teachers in Wichita, Kansas,
November 7, 2003.
- Americans All Press Conference, Wichita, Kansas, November 6, 2003.
- Wichita, Kansas, Pilot Program and Evaluation,1993-96, Toyna Huber, Ph.D.,
Wichita State University, College of Education, Wichita, KS 67208,
December 1, 1993 with an introduction by Dr. Leonard H. Wesley
- National Intensive Teacher Training and Orientation Sessions, 1989-93
- National User Survey Report, 2006
Relevant Links to Navigate our Website
Click here to view the Americans All Program Overview.
Click here to learn how we support schools and students.
Click here to learn how we support small businesses and service providers.
Click here to view or download a tutorial on how to register a school or individual for Americans All, for free.
Click here to register an individual or a school for Americans All.
For additional information, please contact:
Allan Kullen, President
People of America Foundation / Americans All
7723 Groton Road, Bethesda, MD 20817