The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum is dedicated to the memory of our nation's thirty-fifth president and to all those who, through the art of politics, seek a new and better world. Our mission is to preserves and provides access to historical materials related to President Kennedy and his times -- and engages with citizens of all ages and nationalities through JFK's life story and the ideals he championed.
We achieve our mission and live out our values by pursuing the following key priorities:
• Maintain the safety and preservation of the collections, our building, and the people who work and visit here.
• Provide access to our historical materials and to our museum and programming:
• to researchers in the reference room and through the website and digital archives;
• to museum visitors through our exhibits, store, and facility rentals;
• to students, teachers, and the general public through our educational programs.
• Serve as the nation's memorial to President Kennedy -- sharing the story of his life, times, and legacy.
Students and scholars can arrange to conduct research using our collection of historical materials chronicling mid-20th-century politics and the life and administration of John F. Kennedy.